Monday, December 2, 2013

MONTANA Again

Now that my Vagabond Year is ending, I guess I've moved on from my picture taking duties.  I forgot to get a picture of the Thanksgiving table this year so this is an improvised version (missing only one person, Marietta Hamilton, Shana's mother).  (Top to bottom) Dick and Maureen Ford, ME, Kellie Campbell, Pat Campbell, Chris Johnson and Jenna Reichenberg, Linda Campbell, and Shana and Mitch Campbell.  Hopefully by now you are clear on how all these people are in my world.  (Matt Campbell and his family, Mike Campbell and his family, and Jason Reichenberg and his family were all at their in-laws for Thanksgiving this year so it was a much smaller group than usual.)


There is one more month until the official end of My Vagabond Year, but that month is going to be spent in Montana, staying with my sister so it's doubtful that there will be anything to write about or show pictures of.  My statement though about this Vagabond Year is that it has been wonderful.  It was truly one of the better decisions I have made in this lifetime.  Having this time of no obligations has given me time to think and to adjust my perspectives on many things.  And the travel experiences have expanded my knowledge base and interest levels.  I actually do feel like a different person, at least internally.

My daughter, Kori, and her husband Matt are going to be moving to Montana in the spring of 2014.  They will be renting a beautiful house on the Stillwater River, just two cabins down from my son's and across the road from my nieces and nephew's.  I will be living with them to assist in getting their business going and I am VERY excited about that.  It will be my first time in about 40 years of spending an entire year (winter and all) in Montana.  I have many plans for the winter months; i.e., knitting, crocheting, practicing the piano so that I can play at least one song all the way through, reading, and maybe even cooking.

Doing this blog has been lots of fun.  It actually made me take a different approach to my experiences this year, mainly paying closer attention and thinking about what would be most effectively shared with you.

So with the idea in mind that this will make you all jealous, here is a picture of my home for 2014 and possibly part of 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment