Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Little Background Information

My first work for pay was when I was a junior in high school working as a dental assistant. 

 Since then I have been a secretarty, a bookkeeper, and an administrative assistant.





Then after launching six children into their adult worlds
and getting divorced, I returned to college to finish an education that I started back in 1958, and became a licensed clinical social worker. I worked in child protection, hospice and finally mental health.



 Since I completed my Master's Degree just before I turned 57 years old thoughts of retirement were there practically before I got started.  But, for sure, when I was employed by the VA in 2001 (at 61 years of age) my thought was to work for five years and be done.,  Well, here I am - now 72 and one half years old  and finally retired.  It's official.



So for the first time since I was 15 years old I am in a position that I have time, financial stability and no responsibilities.   The initial idea of taking some time to do a few things that I have always wanted to do merged into a much more defined plan which has come to be known as "My Vagabond Year."  Vagabond because I'm going to be staying in the homes of relatives when I am not on a trip to somewhere special.  The map with 12/12/12 boldly displayed at the bottom is a very close approximation of what the coming year is planned to look like.  The major trips are scheduled and paid for.  Everything else is fluid - will definitely happen, just don't know for sure when.

No comments:

Post a Comment