Sunday, January 27, 2013

Arriving in Arizona


**CONFESSION and PLEA FOR HELP**  I'm finding that I don't know what I'm doing with this blog stuff.  I get everything situated the way I want it, I "save" it, then I "preview" it, and finding it perfect I "publish" it.  Then when I go back to look at it things have changed positions, pictures have moved, spacing has changed.  If anyone has any suggestions - they are welcome.
**********************************************************************


Kori and I arrived in Surprise, Arizona, around 2:30 p.m. on January 4th.  We stopped to have a bite to eat and went to my new residence for the next 4+ months.     

Kori and her husband, Matt Eubank

The next few days were spent putting things in their proper place and shopping for some necessities, but mostly for decorative type things.
















 Our first excursion was to Tucson to see my grandson, Kade (Mason's son), who is a student at Pima Community College.  He lives at "The Reserve," an apartment complex that caters to the college students.
He went to Pima from Alaska to play basketball, but has red-shirted for this year.  Still likes it though:  his classes, the coaches, his living arrangements, and loves the weather.

Kade Campbell and his girlfriend Erica







I visited the great city of Prescott, Arizona, which is at an elevation of 5,000 feet, so much more temperate climate than the Phoenix area.  There was actually still snow on the ground from a recent fall.  My cousin John (I call him Jack) Cadby and his wife Shirley have a home in Sun City Grand in Surprise, and a second home in Prescott.  They were kind enough to offer me the use of their Prescott home any time I wish - and I wished this past week.

Prescott, Arizona
 
Jack, a cousin I grew up with in Montana.











No comments:

Post a Comment