Friday, June 21, 2013

Here is My Current Neighborhood


Thought you might enjoy a quick look around - starting with my home town of Billings, Montana.  (As I've already said, the biggest city in Montana with a population of 150,000.)
Driving from Billings to the cabin takes me through the little towns of Laurel (Pop.6,814), Park City (Pop. 870), Columbus (Pop. 1,896), and Absarokee (Pop. 1,200).   
Montana's Big Sky through my windshield

Sites around the cabin:

Beehive Community Center
Local Resort

Friendliest of all Neighbors
Neighboring Community:

Nye Post Office that has VERY irregular hours.
It's a short 33 miles to the town or Red Lodge, Montana (Pop. 2,114), local ski resort and gateway to the Cooke City Highway which takes you to Silver Gate, Montana, one of the entrances to Yellowstone Park.  The scenery between Absarokee and Red Lodge is some of the most beautiful I've seen.

Red Lodge, Montana
Heading back to Billings from Red Lodge are a couple more small towns:  Roberts (Pop. 1,176) and Joliet (Pop. 593).  The Billings to cabin (about 60 miles) to Red Lodge (33 miles)  to Billings (about 60 miles) Triangle is pretty much my area of activity.  And a most enjoyable one at that.
Working on this blog in the Nye Bar - adjacent to the Nye Post Office.
Only place I have found that has WiFi with a place to actually sit down and plug in.

No comments:

Post a Comment