Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Two Meetings and a Funeral

Meeting Number One - with very old (since my high school days), very dear friends  Before we moved away from Billings Nancy and I were at the least on the phone every day, and we saw each other as couples almost every weekend.
Nancy and Ruben Day
Meeting Number Two - I attended a meeting of the Golden (over 55 years of age) K Kiwanis Cub as a guest of my sister.  Now this is my kind of meeting.  It opened with a rousing version of the song Montana  --
Montana, Montana glory of the west
Of all the states from coast to coast you're easily the best
Montana, Montana where skies are always blue
M - O - N - T - A - N - A, Montana I love you
followed by the pledge of allegiance, then a short prayer, then singing of God Bless America, then introductions of guests (That would be ME), then announcements, then safe driving tips, at the conclusion of which they all said in unison, "Safety on the highway depends on you and me.  Drive Defensively," then a guest speaker and all done!!!!

My 93-year-old uncle, Ralph Shirley, who I introduced you to in my blog of February 27th, died on
 June 4th. His funeral was yesterday, which means I have more relatives for you to meet.
Uncle Ning
 
His two Children (My Cousins) Suzie and Jack
Jack's children (Rose and Forrest) and grandchildren live in Hawaii and were unable to attend.

Suzie's Family
(Front) Suzie Zimmerman, Granddaughters Payton and Marin, Daughter Angie
Son-in-Law, Daughter Shawna, Husband Bill, Son-in-Law
(Sorry I don't know the names of the In-Laws.  I'll work on that one.)

Cousin Gary Dahl's Family
Son John, Gary, Wife Bonnie, Daughter Cheryl
He has another son and daughter who were not able to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment