Friday, June 7, 2013

Welcome to MONTANA

Meet my Chauffer -

Kerri Smith (wife of my nephew Greg)
Kerri flew to Arizona to help me drive to Montana - except she ended up doing 90% of the driving.  It was certainly wonderful for me and great to have the company.  We drove from Arizona through Nevada, Utah, and Idaho ending in Montana.  (Again covering 5 states but this time it took 21 hours - as compared to the 5 states in the east that took only 2.5 hours.)


Montana's beautiful mountains to greet me!
Between Butte and Bozeman, Montana


My sister Dione, her daughter Holli,  Holli's daughter Kira and her fiancee Luke.
 Back row is Holli's son Jeremy, son Cameron, and husband Frank.

Nephew Greg's sons - Rainer and Isaac (Parents not available at time of this picture.)
Yellowstone River, between Billings and Columbus, Montana

My son Mike's cabin - where I will be for the next 6 weeks.
 The cabin is about 15 miles from Absarokee, a town of about 1,200 people (and another 60 miles from Billings which is the biggest city in Montana - population 150,000)  In Absarokee there are no stop lights, one grocery store, one motel, one cafe, two churches and two bars.  At the cabin there is no television, no internet, and no cell phone reception, but there is a land line - 406-328-4969.
But this is my favoritist part of all - The Stillwater River that runs just feet from the back of the cabin:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment