Sunday, September 1, 2013

Windsor Castle

The Baltic Sea Cruise has come to an end.  My final tour was on the way back to Heathrow Airport we made a stop at the Windsor Castle.  As always the objects I wished to picture were much too large for my camera's capacity, but I have given you a few here.
This bronze statue of Queen Victoria stands on the street leading to the castle.

One view of the castle

The portion in which Queen Elizabeth II resides.

St. George's Chapel
Since it was Sunday today they were having services and 
we could not get inside to see it.

As this is being completed, I am in the Grosvenor Victoria Hotel in London, England.  I am very tired, but also very excited about what is yet to come.  And one more aside - it is so wonderful to be back where the internet connection is  workable.  I have now completed 3 posts in less than an hour when it took be several hours, and about $240 to post what you have seen up until now.  So vey, very frustrating.  Don't know what it will be from here, but will do my best to keep up with the events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment